I recently wrote about using e-mail as a marketing strategy and I noted that it is a great and cost effective way to target your customers. We are seeing a move by businesses to integrate both the traditional and cost effective marketing tools with the use of social media. While social media is not difficult to use, companies are still in the process of learning the new technology and the implementation strategies to integrate it into their marketing plan.
Here are a few suggestions on how to utilize both approaches: E-mailing and social media.
- Integrate your email marketing with your social media campaigns - - Your social media campaign should include the use of FaceBook, Twitter, You Tube and Blogging
- Design your e-mail messages so that it can be captured on mobile devices that so many customers are now using to access their emails
- Make sure that the text are brief and avoid using large images as well as to many - - Be economical in your marketing language
- Engage your readers - - you can either ask them to participate in an activity. You can engage them in a contest or offer them something FREE
- Plan you marketing campaign around holidays or special days
- Your Design Marketing Plan should be a yearly plan. Your DMP should identify the messages to be sent out and the activities you want to promote
- Every design plan must be evaluated. Identify what worked and what didn’t. Determine whether you received a return in your investment in terms of Time and Cost?
Created by Dr. Cheryl Cottle
Chief Executive Officer of Cottle's Professional Consulting
Administrator of CPC Women in Business
Copyright © 2011 by Dr. Cheryl Cottle ● Cottle’s Professional Consulting. All rights reserved.