My business tip for this week is about creating a workspace for your home-based business.
While most entrepreneurs will agree that creating a space dedicated to your home-based business is critical, some still continue to function in an informal way rather than create a formal environment with office equipment, furniture, and the overall feel and layout of a professional space. Separating your home life from your work life provides you with the mental separateness required to run and manage a home-based business.
Here are a few reminders why creating a dedicated space for your business is beneficial:
- A home office puts you in the right mindset for working and creating, by making you feel grounded and provides the right climate for you to focus
- It is easier to block out distractions, therefore increasing your productivity
- It is a place where you can organize and easily access your work material and resources
- It enables you to threat your entrepreneurial venture as a business instead of a hobby
- Enables your children and family members to see what you are doing as a serious undertaking, therefore creating greater respect and acknowledgement for your job
Created by Dr. Cheryl Cottle of Cottle's Professional Consulting.
Copyright © 2011 by Dr. Cheryl Cottle ● Cottle’s Professional Consulting.